1 2 
  Announcements ESM 14-09-06
9/13/2006GP3S Crew

Because there is a small chance that there will be wind in the morning, all ESM competitors should be on standby for an early race in the morning. Please check this topic for more details.
9/13/2006GP3S Crew

We just got word from Pascal that he wants to have a first briefing at 8.00h. There is a small chance of wind, but we want to be prepared! So please check the weather forecast in the morning to see if you want to come to the racing site (if you are not staying on the camping!!). First start will always be approx half hour after the briefing!

9/13/2006Hans Kleingeld

Weather update follows within 30 minutes
9/13/2006Hans Kleingeld

Weather forecast (Wednesday 13th 22.30 hr)


Thursday
Synopsis: Weakenening front over the W'ly part of the North Sea remains almost stationairy. At the E'ly flank of the front a gentle to moderate SE'ly breeze will be maintained. Later during the afternoon and evening wind will weaken gradually. Weather will be partly cloudy and warm. Temperatures are expected rise to 26 degrees. Risk of a shower remains small.

Wind: SE 8 to 12 Kts, gust 15 Kts, later during the afternoon and evening weakening 5 to 10 Kts, gusts 13 Kts
9/13/2006Hans Kleingeld

Friday 15 th September

Synopsis:
Strong high pressure (1030 hPa) will build over Scandinavia today. Weakening front over the North Sea further dissipates under the influence of this high. Over the Netherlands a gentle to moderate, north of Wadden a fresh E'ly flow will pick up. Dry air is transported to our region which results in fair conditions with a good deal of sunshine. No showers are expected. Temperatures will rise to about 25 degrees during the afternoon.

Wind: E to NE 7 to 10 Kts, gust 13 Kts, increasing 11 to 14 Kts, gust 17 Kts during the afternoon, no weakening wind is expected during the evening

Remark: Bad Hoophuizen is situated at the boundary of a strong windfield over the southern North Sea (Wadden E 18 to 13 Kts). The boundary may move a little south or north which some consequences for the wind over Lake Veluwe.
9/13/2006Hans Kleingeld

Saturday september 16th

Synops: High pressure remains stationary over Scandinavia while low pressure prevails over Central Europe. Between these systems gentle to fresh E to NE'lies will be maintained over the Netherlands. Strongest winds are expected over the Wadden. Again Bad-Hoophuizen is in a unstable position at the boundary with stronger and weaker winds, but the forecast for good winds has increased compared to earlier forecasts:-). Weather will be fair with sunny periods. No rain is expected. With this flow a little cooler air is advected to the Lake, but temperatures of 23 degrees still are possible.

Wind: E to NE 12 to 15 Kts, gust 18 Kts, during the afternoon and evening weakening 8 to 12 Kts, gust 15 Kts

Remark: Bad-Hoophuizen is positioned at the boundary of the stronger windfield which gives risk of weaker/stronger winds. More info follows Thursday.
9/13/2006Roger van Tongeren

Race Leader Pascal still aims for an early Briefing! Please check the weather forecasts in the morning before you leave for the ESM site. There is a good chance of some wind for planing conditions, but that will not immediately mean that the AVG of 60km/h can be achieved by the fastest rider.

We do hope that a lot of the riders do come, because in the evening is also the buffet sponsored by Van den Berg Windsurfing!!
9/14/2006Hans Kleingeld

Weather forecast (Refresh time thursday september 14th)


Thursday
Synopsis: Weakenening front over the W'ly part of the North Sea remains almost stationairy. At the E'ly flank of the front a gentle to moderate E to SE'ly breeze will be maintained. Later during the afternoon and evening wind will weaken gradually. Weather will be partly cloudy to sunny and warm. Temperatures are expected rise to 26 degrees. Risk of a shower remains very small.

Wind: E to SE 5 to 7 Kts, gust 10 Kts, later during the morning and afternoon increasing 9 to 12 Kts, gusts 15 Kts, in the evening gradually weakening 5 tot8 Kts and backing E tot NE
9/14/2006GP3S Crew

First briefing was postponed to 9.00h, so more info will follow.
9/14/2006GP3S Crew

Not enough wind just yet. The wind will increase but will probably stay too low for an official race. We will keep you updated though if anything changes.

Tomorrow looks a little more promising with a NE flow building during the morning. According to Hans there's a 70% possibility that we can run an official race, so stay tuned for the weather forecasts.
   
1 2 
Platinum Supporter
  Platinum Supporter
Platinum Supporter
 
  
Platinum sponsors
Copyright © 2004-2014 GP3S    All rights reserved