gps-speedsurfing
Results of the day
 
1Andras Tompa35.96
2Mark Hayford35.22
3Garry Goodwin35.02
4Adrian Brazier28
5Caitlin Boothroyd22.27

Westerly sunny intervals just needed more wind!

Today, I trusted the forecast and set my alarm early, 30-35knots west promised. Arrived at 7-7.30am and it looked more like 7m sails, I only had a 5.4m but decided to try. Spent a lot of time sitting in water waiting for enough gusts to get going, managaged one ok run and the rest where real slow. Decided to quite after just a few runs. Not speed sailing conditions, should have stayed in bed, haha.  

We have been early birds Today, based on the forecast strong westerly wind should have come in the early morning. It did not happen, unfortunately the conditions were not good for speed runs.

Today was a day of incorrect equipment choice, the wind forecast showed being windy all day, but then this morning's forecast showed a drop in the wind as the morning went on. I only managed 3 speed runs before the wind dropped then stood around in the lake being forever hopeful that the wind would return, but not so. Decided to take out 80lt warp board and 4.5 wave sail. Had 1 run out to the middle and the wind dropped to 0. Leaving me sunk in the middle of the lake. Then had to wait for lightest breeze to come back to get myself back on dry land. At this point, decided to rig isonic 76lt with Tush. 5.5m bolt non-cam sail. But took a good while for the wind to kick in but in the end was perfect for the conditions. The wind was south west, so was up and down the wall. Decided to knock it on the head as arms was tired. Decided to derig all the kit. Time was 4:45pm, blow me wind switched round to the west and started to blow a decent wind with white horses. It was a 50/50 whether to rig up or go back home. Mr Willows turned up, decided to go out and had a blast. And so wished I had done too. As would have been the best speed of the day. OH BUGGER!!! 

Today was one of those days, blowing really well when arrived and managed to get a whole three runs in then the wind dropped off, like a muppet i stood in the lake waiting for it to return, and waited and waited and waited as long walk back to morrisons for kit change, well finally forced to go and change kit to 76 isonic and 29 hot rod fin and non cam tush bolt for afternoon session, had a niuce time up and down wall as gone south west then finished as arms tired, packed all away took wet suit off and wind swithched to more west and decentent wind kicked back in, lucky my burrows turned up and had some nice runs but i was to tired so home time till next time lol. bugger  

Today we had to park in morrisons and carry kit over, only managed three runs before the decent wind disapearerd so had to get ghe 76 Isonic board out.

Today was a day of incorrect equipment choice, the wind forecast showed being windy all day, but then this morning's forecast showed a drop in the wind as the morning went on. I only managed 3 speed runs before the wind dropped then stood around in the lake being forever hopeful that the wind would return, but not so. Decided to take out 80lt warp board and 4.5 wave sail. Had 1 run out to the middle and the wind dropped to 0. Leaving me sunk in the middle of the lake. Then had to wait for lightest breeze to come back to get myself back on dry land. At this point, decided to rig isonic 76lt with Tush. 5.5m bolt non-cam sail. But took a good while for the wind to kick in but in the end was perfect for the conditions. The wind was south west, so was up and down the wall. Decided to knock it on the head as arms was tired. Decided to derig all the kit. Time was 4:45pm, blow me wind switched round to the west and started to blow a decent wind with white horses. It was a 50/50 whether to rig up or go back home. Mr Willows turned up, decided to go out and had a blast. And so wished I had done too. As would have been the best speed of the day. OH BUGGER!!! 

We have been early birds Today, based on the forecast strong westerly wind should have come in the early morning. It did not happen, unfortunately the conditions were not good for speed runs.

We have been early birds Today, based on the forecast strong westerly wind should have come in the early morning. It did not happen, unfortunately the conditions were not good for speed runs.

STARBOARD