• Max. 2 sec.
  • 35.02knots
Average speed
31.47  ( 33.96 31.68 31.1 30.96 29.68 )
  • 100 m run
  • 34.36knots
  • 250 m run
  • 33.37knots
  • 500 m run
  • 29.86knots
  • Nautical mile
  • 22.5knots
  • 1 hour avg speed
  • 9.13knots
  • Alpha racing
  • 21.19knots
  • Distance
  • 26km
  • Duration
  • 00:48:33
  • Windspeed
  • 25 - 38knots
  • Wind direction
  • SW ( 270)

 Thursday 7th February – windsurf ***** Levington – sunny and very windy:)

Walk – Point Clear circuit *****


Fanatic Falcon 80 with Tushingham X 15 – 5.2 and 28 cm fin.


35.22 knot max, 31.47 knot ave ., 9.13 knot hour, 22.49  knot mile, 26.20 km., 21.19 knot alpha (spot PB).


With three days of really strong winds forecast I was keen to get to Point Clear as the high tide gets later and later making today the best opportunity.  Wall to wall sunshine too and a balmy 8 degrees:) I was just relieved on waking that the Orwell Bridge was open, they seem to close it easily these days although Felixstowe Dock and the Dartford Bridge were closed, so we were lucky! With high water at 1.44 we were not in any great hurry but we wanted to make a small detour to B & Q in Ipswich to buy some photo frames so left Felixstowe at 9. We arrived at the Green at Point Clear at 10.25 with the water way out and the white fishing boat high and dry on the mud! Despite the heavy rain that fell in the night I managed to park OK and as usual we were there all by ourselves:( Then amazingly another windsurfer arrived, Michael Galbraith coming over from Woodbridge deciding to give foiling at Alton Water a miss today, then a few kiters arrived. With winds gusting to nearly 40 knots we sat in the van with the excuse of waiting for the tide to come in to talk ourselves into going out! In the end the kiter started pumping up 6m kites so we decided as it was such a lovely day to give it a try! I rigged my little used Tushingham X 15 – 5.2 to go with the falcon 80 while Michael started to rig his 4m. By the time I was ready Michael had talked himself out of going out, stating it was too windy, shame really as I think he would have been fine in the comparatively safe lagoon. I headed for the water at 11.30 and had a job to walk into the wind and Michal helped carry my board and then took some pics. The WSW is a good direction and after taking it easy across the bumpy open sea section I was soon in the flat lagoon and was soon flying broad at the bottom bearing off close to the mud with fingers crossed I had enough water? I soon had 35 knots under my belt but was having trouble with my cams popping off the mast, it was my own fault as I didn’t put enough downhaul on when I rigged as the extension rope jammed!!! Sadly, I think this cost me a really good average as I had to pop the cams back at the end of each run which meant putting your hands in the cold water! I did go ashore to lengthen the extension but it still was not enough but a bit better, next time I will make sure I rig it properly in the first place! I then started to go for some gybes and was pleased to get a spot PB of 21.19 and I really tried for a 30 knot 500m but again fell just short. I have never had so many runs over 30 knots here before and it was great fun blasting close to the shingle bank in brilliant sunshine with large flocks of waders flying overhead watching out for the kiters who were jumping so high! With the tide high it messes up the water and the wind getting a little patchy for the 5.2, I had to make a decision, go in and rig bigger or pack up, I decided on the latter as I had had a great session already. Shame I was the only windsurfer again and have only had company on one of my 6 sessions this year, it doesn’t help that several Felixstowe sailors are having a windy/hot time in El Medano (Tenerife) but I couldn’t understand where all the locals had got too??? So, what a top year it has been so far - as I said 6 sessions, breaking 30 knots twice and hopefully I can get out again before we head to French Mountains for a month next Tuesday! When I got to the beach Keith Farmer was there on his bike with man flu but he did help me up to the Green with my kit:) After helping a couple of kiters down with their kites it was time to warm up in the van with the diesel heater on, we love that van. Then after stuffing myself with a cheese sandwich and cake I packed up. Before sailing I had put all my sails out on the concrete as they were damp and the sun had dried them:)

With the wind now dropped Mag and I did the walk along the sea wall, past Brightlingsea and back through the campsite and it was not in the slightest bit cold:) It was time for the 40 mile trip back to Felixstowe, the highlight being a WhatsApp call from our son Robert with Grandson Arlo as we hit the traffic jam at the Toy R Us roundabout caused by a tractor having a tyre changed. Then when we checked our emails at home we had a message from Ernie (Premium Bonds) saying that we are winners, I bet we are not millionaires, another £25 I expect, I will keep you all in suspense and let you know on my next session report!!!!


[url=]Photo Gallery Here[/url]


 [url=]MK Booms here[/url]


Best 500m run